Jewellery storage

Jewellery is something I've always enjoyed and worn for as long as i can remember. During college i used to wear so many layers of necklaces I'm surprised i didn't get a sore neck. I would layer pearls and golds mainly from Topshop. Oh how things have changed since then!

Today I'm going to share with you my collection and how i store everything. I like it kept hidden away and the three options I have for you today are kinda cool (or so i think)
First up, is my little drawer of happiness.
Rings, bracelets, earrings & anklets. As you can see i really do like my rings. Silver and turquoise has been my favourite colour to wear as jewellery for around 5 or 6 years. Before then it was black and gold. My rings are from a selection of different places which i will leave the information at the bottom of this post for all the jewellery.
Bracelets i love to wear daily next to my watch but find they tarnish quickly from high street brands when being worn so often and so the four surrounding my watch are all silver. The bottom 3 are my favourite and most sentimental. The rest of the upper large section of bracelets are ones i wear if my outfit just isn't doing it for me and i dont tend to reach for these too much.
The upper right box is filled with a couple of my anklets, the rest are stored in option 3. I love anklets. There's always one on my ankle and i find them handy to hide my surgery scars, even just a little. They make me feel more comfortable anyway.
As you can see earrings aren't really my strong point. I have my lobes pierced twice and my upper right cartilage. I want more piercings but until then these will have to do. I usually keep the same hoop earrings in but when i switch them out i like to use these studs or the small selection of dangly earrings at the bottom right.

Im lucky to have my wardrobe built into the wall so that no extra space is taken up. Even though i wish i could walk into it! So on the inside of the door I use this coat hook to display all my costume pieces and much longer necklaces. I find it a great place when picking an outfit.









The remainder of my jewellery is also kept inside this wardrobe. On this awesome little coat hanger.
I keep all the jewellery i don't reach for as often here. But love it all too much to throw away. I like to keep items and clothing with the labels until i use them. Does anyone else do that|?
I'm clearly not selling the holder very well with this photo. I was trying to balance on my good leg and clearly failed at photography.
How do you store your jewellery? I used to display them in bowls and holders but found they got too dirty and i often had to throw pieces away.

Here's a list of where some items are from...

STORAGE:
Drawer inserts - here & here
Larger awesome ones - here
Drawer unit - here
Similar door coat hooks - here
Hanger pocket - here

JEWELLERY IN DRAWER:
Forget-me-not bracelet - here
Casio watch - here
Infinity bracelet - here
Pandora essence bracelet & range - here
Silver bangles - here & here
Beaded bracelet - here
Far left turquoise & heart ring - here & here
Middle six rings & hamsa ring - here
Hamsa earrings - here



No comments:

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved