Chesterton Windmill, Warwickshire, UK.


The weather was incredible in the first week of June and I took full advantage by exploring new areas in my county (Warwickshire) so i could take some photographs. Photography is slowing becoming a main hobby in my life despite the fact I'm not very good, I really really enjoy it!

I had heard of this place from a Warwickshire photography page on Instagram and quickly noted down the location. We had decided to go shopping in Leamington Spa which is a couple of miles away from the windmill so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

The mill was built in 1632 and was in use until 1910. The structure of the mill is what i like most, it has six pillars with arches making it beautiful when the light passes through.

The walk up to the windmill is over farm land, but you are allowed inside. There is parking on the surrounding roads where you can pull in, but you wouldn't be able to drive past this without stopping.  You can spot it from miles away and it really is breathtakingly beautiful.

Here are the photos i managed to capture. I would love to revisit the windmill at dusk or dawn.



No comments:

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved