French Connection | Specsavers


French Connection FC 103

Around the age of 14/15 my eyes went from being perfect, to needing glasses to see long distance within a year. It still baffles me on how quick my sight changed.
 My first pair of glasses were a maroon pair from GUESS which had zebra print sides. I still have them to this day and use them when i misplace my current pair. Secondly i purchased some plain black Ted Baker ones when i left school in 2008. I think i have only worn these a handful of times for exams to see the clock and my driving test.
I've always hated wearing glasses and refused to even bother with them most days resulting in my eyes gradually getting worse over the years, and i regret it!
November 2011 i decided to enquire about wearing contact lenses, i trialed a pair for a while and i thought they were amazing. The best part was that i could see EVERYTHING! I no longer had to guess if that blurry figure was my friend or a stranger ha! You'll think its silly, but when your squinting all day not being able to see clearly is quite exhausting!
Over the past year my eyes have taken yet again another turn for the worse. I was getting headaches daily and the fact the place where i work has extremely bright lighting didn't help at all. I think that from wearing contacts daily for 12hrs or more resulted in my failing eyesight. I'm not sure how true that is mind.

So around a month ago, i took the decision of going to the opticians and picking out a new pair as some days i just didn't have time or the effort to faff around with putting in my lenses. Especially slob days around the house. When i took the time to pop in, i realised that because i was paying direct debits for my lenses, i would get money off a pair of glasses, and if they were under £40 they would be FREE!
IT TOOK HOURS, but finally i ended up with this unisex pair from French Connection and I'm quite happy with them. They cost £99 full price but with the discount i got them for £30.
They fit perfectly to my face and have large frames but not too big to fit into the whole 'geek chic' category that's going around. I personally love these because they have no blind spot for when I'm driving, i don't even see or notice the frames are on my face.

Here's the link to the frame if your interested
Specsavers




2 comments:

Unknown said...

They really suit you! x

itsNMC said...

Thanks sweet x

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved