PHOTO DIARY | Rents wedding anniversary


I had the pleasure of taking part in MoneySupermarkets 'Charcoal Challenge' over the weekend. The aim of the challenge was to hold a great BBQ for family and friends on the budget of £50. This money was then provided to me by MoneySupermarket and i began to jot down ideas.
My parents 30th wedding anniversary is Tuesday 16th July so we decided to hold a BBQ on the Saturday before to celebrate and we began inviting friends and family.
As a gift to my parents me and my boyfriend purchased a Chimnea for the garden, so with my money given by MoneySupermarket i purchased a bag of logs for £4 in order to burn once the sun had gone down.
I wanted to make some cocktails, so i saved glass jam jars over the course of a month and used those as my cocktail classes. I added sugar around the neck top, made my own cocktail decorations and made two cocktails in total, these were 'Bay breeze' and 'Lounge lizard'. I purchased my  ingredients for both cocktails from Aldi costing around £15.
As some children were attending and the weather was set to be a roaster, i needed ice pops! Failing to find any moulds to make my own, i decided to make frozen yogurt pops and grabbed 6 peppa pig yogurts for only £1! The sticks which i used for both the cocktail decorations and the frozen lollies were also only £1.
With the money left over i purchased some batches, burgers, kebabs and sauce all from Aldi.

Everyone had a really good day, the weather was 27 degrees and that doesn't happen very often here in the UK so we took full advantage and BBQ was definitely the scent in the air the entire weekend.
Here are some images from Saturday :)

No comments:

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved