My first trip to Scotland



I had some holiday to use up at work and John wanted me to meet some of his family in Scotland, so we flew to Inverness for a week. It was my first time in Scotland and I didn't really know what to expect. Straight off the plane my first thought was "It's not THAT cold!" I expected it to be fuuuureeeeeezinnngg and I was armed with my warmest coat and bobble hat!  Whilst in Scotland we walked his uncles dogs daily, which for me (a no dog owner) was amazing. There was a fair amount of shopping (naturally) and just taking in the surroundings. It's so calm up there and the views every where you look are simply beautiful.
One of the days we even drove up Cairngorm mountain to a ski resort. I found it so weird to go up there on a sunny warm day to find a ski resort. In one of the photos below I'm at the road side in front of the level of snow. Just to let you know that at 5"10 I'm already pretty tall, so just compare that to the thickness of snow!
We also visited a Fort to where army men still live inside today. In one of the prisons there was an inscription on the walls which made me chuckle, have a look below.

No comments:

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved